You can say No

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Crazy 04/14/2013 12:04 pm. This post has been viewed 200 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

That would be one of my biggest tips for new webcam models. You are going to have clients who are pushy or maybe even downright mean. Just because a client asks you to do something doesn’t mean you have to do it. You might lose a client, but at least you will feel like you are still in control of what is acceptable and what is not.

Anonymous

That is true, you are your own boss and you shouldn’t accept to be pushed around by anyone. Saying “no” is OK, there are plenty more fish in the sea. Not all clients are jerks, you can say no to them and go find a client with manners.

Delilah

Just like in real life, maintaining our right to say no is very important. You should absolutely never do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Clients are paying for whatever services you want to offer; this doesn’t mean they own you.

Anonymous

This is very good advice. When I was a new webcam model, I felt a lot of pressure from clients to do whatever they wanted me to. There were quite a few clients in the early days that made me feel like I didn’t have a choice about it simply because they were paying me. However, you DO have a choice and if you refuse them, it doesn’t give them the right to become rude with you. They have to respect your limits.

Crazy

Sometimes they like to think they are in control, as they are paying for a service, after all. I sometimes wonder if I should report someone when they are asking for some crazy things. You have to wonder if they are serial killers or not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.