What do you say you "do"?

Home Forums Tips and Secrets for New Webcam Models What do you say you "do"?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 05/16/2013 01:44 am. This post has been viewed 297 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

When you’re at a party or social setting and someone asks you what you “do” (assuming you do this full-time) what do you say? I’ve tried just saying I model, but then they start asking all kinds of questions about what types of photos, for who, etc. and I hate lying. Any tips for covers?

Anonymous

Honestly, I don’t socialize very much with people who don’t know what I do for a living, so I haven’t really had this problem. If I were to meet someone new though, or to find myself in a situation where I didn’t feel I could be completely honest, I would probably just stick with the closest version of the truth that I could muster, which is that I’m a housewife.

If you don’t care about how polite or impolite you seem, you could always just tell them that it’s none of their business. 😉

Anonymous

I just read in another thread, that one girl gets around this by saying that she’s a freelancer. I love that idea because it’s not a lie (you do freelance!) but is still vague enough to not raise any eyebrows.

Anonymous

I have another (more regular) part time job too, so it’s not a major issue for me if I get this question. If I did this full time I think I’d say I was a marriage counsellor!

Anonymous

I just tell them I’m a housewife, it’s easier. I’m at home anyway, I do the cooking and cleaning so I don’t really tell a lie. I have friends who I’m sure will ask all sorts of questions and I get enough of that from my clients. I just want to relax when I go out.

Anonymous

I can honestly say that I’ve never found myself in a situation where people I didn’t know well were asking me what I do for a living – at least, not since I became a webcam model. My husband and I don’t socialize with new people very often, so I doubt this will ever be a serious issue for us. However, I’d probably just go with the story that a couple of the other ladies here went with and say I was a housewife.

Anonymous

People always ask me what I do. I guess because they see that I am at home all the time. Most people ask that, because they expect me to say that I am on welfare or something like that. They assume that I am abusing the system, because I certainly don’t dress or look poor. I just tell them that I am a freelance writer and I work from home. They are usually happy with that.

Anonymous

I just say that I work online as a freelancer which is absolutely true as webcam modeling is not all that I do online. I have also simply said that I was a housewife, because frequently people want to know all about my online jobs so that they could try it too. My answer generally depends on how many questions I want to field!

Anonymous

I am another “housewife”. The whole reason that we got started with this is so that I could stay home with my kids and still be able to earn an income.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.