Thick Skin

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 05/15/2013 03:09 pm. This post has been viewed 256 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

If you’re going to work in any facet of the sex industry, you’re going to have to develop a thick skin. What I mean by that is, when you’re criticized, you have to be able to take it without becoming overly upset about it. There are all kinds of models out there and there are all kinds of clients out there, so when some of them see you, they’ll fall all over themselves to spend money on you, but you won’t be what everyone wants, and you have to be able to deal with that.

Anonymous

I think that’s great advice, and not only for people working in this industry. I think it would do everyone some good to thicken their skin a bit. I think we’ve all become a bit too sensitive these days.

Anonymous

Oh, I get it 😉
    Yes, I think this is important, it helps us to be better at our jobs and not care about what others think. In the end, some people are just mean.

Anonymous

If you are trying to bring something new to the business, such as your own way of attracting clients, you can expect people to criticize you. Don’t listen to those who say, “That’s never work”. Try it, and see if it draws more business. If not, then try something new. At any rate, YOU be the judge.

Anonymous

This is so true! I have found that it helps to talk to other girls in the industry when someone tells me something that hurts my feelings. Come here and vent and you’ll find out that you’re not alone.

Anonymous

If you don’t have a thick skin you will never make it in this industry. Don’t forget to use your ban button either…there is a reason that it is there. If you have someone being abusive or rude to you just kick them out. There are plenty of nicer clients out there!

Anonymous

You just have to remember to stay in control. If you let things get to you, they will. This job can be a lot of fun, and it usually is. Don’t let some idiot ruin your day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.