Tax write-offs

Home Forums Cam Models Chat Tax write-offs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10/07/2012 05:19 am. This post has been viewed 322 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

What all can you include in your tax write-offs as a self-employed model? Obviously the actual webcam, outfits, etc. but what about beauty care? Makeup, nails, salon…does that count?

Anonymous

I’m not sure, honestly. I think hair, nails, and make-up fall into kind of a grey-area because they aren’t absolutely necessary. The webcam is an absolute necessity, along with the high-speed internet connection, but the rest is optional, even though it definitely impacts the success of your business. I usually just deduct any physical equipment that I purchase during the year, along with the internet connection.

Anonymous

Sexxytexxy – I wanted to update you on this topic, because I asked a stripper friend of mine about this after you brought it up here. According to her, you CAN deduct hair and nails-related costs as long as you group them with outfits, since it’s all considered part of your “uniform”. She says she’s been doing it for years and never had any problems from the IRS about it.

Anonymous

That’s good to know michael’s, I didn’t know about that, but it’s funny I was just saying on another thread that you can write off a trip (even a “vacation,” technically) if you work during it. Not only can the cash you make pay for the trip, you can write off the trip’s costs as business =)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.