Studio or direct jobs?

Home Forums Tips and Secrets for New Webcam Models Studio or direct jobs?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12/28/2012 04:02 am. This post has been viewed 328 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi ladies, I’m just getting started with modeling/dancing and a lot of the ads I’ve replied to have been gigs through studios, some of which seem shady. Is it better to work direct? Are there certain sites/services that offer independent, direct gigs?

Anonymous

There are sites and services that allow you to more or less just work for yourself. You may have to give them a monthly set amount for driving traffic your way but that is it.

Anonymous

Thanks Carrie (and sexxy for asking, this is something I have run into as well). It seems like there are a good share of scammy/shady studios out there…how do you know when a service is legit?

Anonymous

Just a follow-up on this…I applied to an ad I saw for college webcam girls and got the run-around from the agent on the other end…a lot of ambiguity and dodged questions especially when it comes to payment…if you don’t get a good vibe up-front, don’t do the job. I’d still love to hear some advice from the vets on this one.

Anonymous

I’d recommend new people start with an agency so they can get a feel for if the work is right for them. Once you have the basics down, some experience, and maybe even a following you can branch out alone.

Anonymous

There’s nothing wrong with an agency so long as it’s a legitimate agency. In my opinion, you can tell a legitimate agency from an illegitimate agency right away because a legitimate agency will answer all of your questions up-front and will provide you with the terms of the employment agreement IN WRITING. If you are on the phone with someone that’s acting dodgy and refuses to provide you with anything in writing, there’s your red flag.

Anonymous

Thank you all for your input! lil and proud, it really helps to have those things in mind…I’ve seen a lot of “red flags” but, being so new to the whole thing, I wasn’t sure if it was that way across the board or not.

Anonymous

You will make more money and have more control if you work a direct job. There are plenty of places that you can sign up to work directly. Some that you might consider checking out are MyFreeCams, ImLive, and Flirtforfree.

Anonymous

I think that in the end you will do better on your own than you will with a studio. When you work for a studio you are always giving them some of your money!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.