SPAM problem

Home Forums Cam Models Chat SPAM problem

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10/27/2012 09:48 am. This post has been viewed 274 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I recently added a blog section to my homepage. People are able to leave comments and for a while this worked just fine, until the spambots found me! I don’t want to make readers jump through hoops to post as obviously registering could be an issue, but the spam is going to put everyone else off. Is there another solution?

Anonymous

My husband is a member of a body building forum that requires you to solve a simple math equation and type the answer in a box before you can post a thread or reply on their forum. Have you thought about trying to integrate something like that onto your page?

Anonymous

I was going to suggest something similar to Cookies idea. I totally see how registration puts people off but you do need some kind of filter. Could you also set it so all posts have to be moderated?

Anonymous

Personally, I don’t see why registering for the forum could or would be an issue. Why does the thought of required registration make you uncomfortable?

Anonymous

I don’t know how feasible it would be to setup a forum that requires all posts to be moderated, because then you have to create a moderator that sifts through all the posts. Personally, I would just integrate some type of spam-proof command, like the math problem mentioned above or making the poster answer a random question before they can click “Submit” when posting a thread or reply.

Anonymous

I am a member of a lot of forums, and more and more you will see some kind of anti-spam question before a post can be submitted. Those types of things don’t seem to be slowing down traffic or anything so I don’t think it would be a big deal.

Anonymous

Just to make things clearer, I am talking about a blog and comments on that, not a forum. Moderating would probably work for this because the traffic is not as heavy as a forum would be. The reason I don’t want to make people register is to do with privacy. I assumed that most men wouldn’t want any connection between me and their email account!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.