Seasoned webcam model with streaming quality issues.

Home Forums Cam Model Equipment Seasoned webcam model with streaming quality issues.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mumbles01 06/14/2019 11:39 pm. This post has been viewed 549 times

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

mumbles01
    Participant

Hi there. I could do with some help and advice regarding the stream quality of my webcam performances. I have been a model for the last 3 1/2 years now. Started with just a macbook pro and a logitech c920, been using the c922 for the last 2 years and a 2017 macbook pro for the last 12-18 months.

Although I am using the Logitech C922 which seems to be standard for a lot of models along with the c920.. I cannot seem to get good stream or even HD stream quality. When I broadcast using Safari and then open Chrome and type my name into google search bar to look for my room, it appears that the picture is always a little fuzzy and looks outdated.

If I broadcast in 1900×1050 the stream quality of the browser I am broadcasting from looks fine. Then when I click back on Chrome as an anonymous viewer of my room the stream quality and resolution appears much lower, the stream quality looks outdated and a bit fuzzy, If I click the icon that takes the stream to 1080p, the change in quality is minimal and I find other peoples rooms look much better even in 720p.

If I take the broadcast resolution back down to 1400×1050), the highest I can get is 720p..

The system I am running is

macbook pro 13” 2017 model, Four thunderbolt 3 port.
    Processor – 3.1 HGz Intel Core i5
    Memory – 8 GB 2133MHz LPDDR3
    Graphics 650 1536 MB

I have no idea if I am better of spec wise than I was with my old mac or worse, I am not knowledgeable with computers even though I have been a part time model for over 3 years.

I have asked support team about this and one of the things they have mentioned is bandwidth, however I dont know if they mean the bandwidtch of my laptop or of the actual router/internet service provider.. but one of the points they made of things to check for was – Confirm you are not broadcasting at too high of a resolution for your bandwidth. You need at least 2Mbps to broadcast at 640×480 resolution.

They also mentioned using OBS but I have no idea what that is..

The only reason I went with another macbook pro purchase was because I had read that they have an easier time handling due to flash player.. cant remember exactly why now off the top of my head.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Best regards – Mumbles.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  mumbles01.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  wmf.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  wmf.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.