Might Be Moving – Internet Downtime?

Home Forums Cam Models Chat Might Be Moving – Internet Downtime?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 04/10/2013 08:33 am. This post has been viewed 263 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

The wife and I might be moving soon, so I was wondering if any other webcam models here have been through that. At some point, once the move becomes definite, I’ll have to disconnect the internet here, have it transferred to the new property, and then have it reconnected there. Does anyone know how long this usually takes? How long will we be without internet for?

Anonymous

I think some internet service providers are better about this than others, but you’re probably looking at several days to a week of downtime, not including weekends or holidays, as ISPs usually don’t work on those. Good luck with the move!

Anonymous

I agree with the above. I had to move a couple of times about five or six years ago and each time, I was without internet for about a week.

Delilah

My internet connection is via Verizon air card, so as long as I have phone reception, I have internet. In your case, I think the best thing to do is make the appointment to have your internet set up at the new place as soon as you know the details of your move.

Anonymous

If you call early enough, you can have the service on at the new place before you actually move in. It might cost a few dollars more for the extra day or two, but it is better than losing money by not being able to work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.