In honor of Amanda Todd, please be careful…

Home Forums Tips and Secrets for New Webcam Models In honor of Amanda Todd, please be careful…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 05/17/2013 07:40 am. This post has been viewed 43 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have just read about the tragic case of 15-year-old Amanda Todd, and have to take a moment to encourage all of you ladies (and gents!) to please, please be careful about your personal info and trackability. Look into online and IP security. Make sure your social media profiles are in no way trackable or connected to your webcam profiles. This sweet young lady wasn’t even putting herself out there the way we do, and she fell victim to a predator. Honor her memory and protect yourself!!

Anonymous

I really feel for her family, and can hardly imagine what she suffered through the last couple of years. Having said that this is about more than a cyber stalker, scary as that is. Teenagers can be so incredibly cruel, and I have no doubt that her peers are responsible for her using cams in the first place.

Anonymous

I heard about the poor girl and I can’t imagine what she had to go through to decide to take her own life. That is just awful. I hope to never hear about such a story ever again. Webcam modelling can be really dangerous indeed, if you’re not careful.

Kamelia

What happened to Amanda was tragic, but it also had a lot to do with the fact that she was very young and worried too much about what others would think. That is common for young people. At that age, peer pressure is something that is very serious.

Anonymous

What happened to Amanda was very sad, and I can’t imagine how her parents must feel. The OP made an excellent point about hiding your identity online. There are lots of ways to do this, and it just gives you an extra layer of security. I strongly suggest you research your options for identity protection.

Anonymous

You might think that just because you are not a big-name star, you can’t be stalked. There are some crazy people out there. If you provide them with too much info, they can and will stalk you. Amanda Todd was mostly harrassed and afraid. Since she was so young, it was a little too much for her to handle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.