HD Webcams

Home Forums Cam Model Equipment HD Webcams

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11/11/2012 05:17 pm. This post has been viewed 205 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Another thread about broadcasting in HD made me curious about HD-capable webcams. How much more expensive are they than non-HD webcams? Do you have to have anything special to make them work with your computer, like an HD cable?

Anonymous

I’m not sure, honestly. My webcam is a few years old, so it doesn’t have high-definition broadcasting capability. Since I haven’t had any issues with it – knock on wood – I haven’t had a reason to go webcam shopping recently.

Anonymous

To the OP – HD webcams really aren’t any more expensive than non HD webcams. If you visit Logitech’s website, for example, they have high definition webcams starting at $40 bucks. I don’t know if the $40 dollar one is good enough for what we’re doing, but it’s not like you’re going to have to spend $500 dollars to stream in high definition.

Anonymous

I didn’t realize HD webcams were that inexpensive, Erikka! I’ve been thinking about buying a new webcam. With prices like that, I could just go ahead and buy an HD webcam!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.