Getting Tired of the Reaction

Home Forums Cam Models Chat Getting Tired of the Reaction

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 02/20/2013 07:57 pm. This post has been viewed 261 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have been webcam modeling for long enough now that I am used to the idea of working in the sex industry. My friends and family members that know are used to it too, but it never fails to shock someone when they ask me and I tell them what I do. I know that’s to be expected but at the same time, I am really getting tired of the slack-jaw reaction to my job!

Anonymous

I don’t people tell exactly what I do. I just say that I am a private contractor and I work online. Most people don’t ask too much beyond that.

Anonymous

The reaction that you speak of is exactly why I like to tell people what I do for a living. I consider that question rude, because people only ask that as a point of judgment to begin with. They ask that and then internally they either feel safe, figuring they probably make more than you, or they get intimidated/jealous if you answer with some career that typically pays better than their own. The way I look at it, you shouldn’t ask questions that you might not want to hear the answers to!

AllSexedUp

This just reminded me of a situation I had one time when I was an exotic dancer. I had cut my knee pretty badly and it was getting infected, so I went to the doctor. It was in my file which club I was employed at and that I was a dancer. The nurse came in the exam room and told me to take off my jeans and cover my lap with a sheet. I told her I didn’t need the sheet. She looked at me funny and I said, “Really, it’s okay. I’m a dancer so sitting here in my panties is no big deal.” She walked out of the room and closed the door, but I could hear her on the other side talking to another nurse. She was freaking out because I didn’t put the sheet over my lap. Then the doctor walked up to her and asked what was wrong. She continued freaking out to him and he said, “It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.” And she said, “But, doctor, she’s a stripper!!”

I sat there laughing because I thought it was the funniest exchange I had ever heard. I mean, what if I had been a secretary and I refused the sheet? Would it have been okay then? When he came in, he saw that I was laughing and he started laughing and shaking his head.

Anonymous

@luv2b_watched wrote:

I have been webcam modeling for long enough now that I am used to the idea of working in the sex industry. My friends and family members that know are used to it too, but it never fails to shock someone when they ask me and I tell them what I do. I know that’s to be expected but at the same time, I am really getting tired of the slack-jaw reaction to my job!

I know what you mean. I don’t know what it is with America and sex that it’s so closeted, so taboo. 🙄 No one would think twice if we were secretaries, nurses, or even factory workers, but because our jobs revolve around sex and sexuality, it’s oh-so-shocking. I really just want to tell people to get over it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.